Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
- The liberation of Barack Obama
Subscribe to the Week