Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
Subscribe to the Week