Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week