Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why scientists can't kill HIV
Subscribe to the Week