Stop letting your alarm clock cause you to lose sleep. The Lexon Flip ($50) does away with a lot of buttons and their attendant middle-of-the-night worries. You simply flip the clock over to turn the alarm on, then flip it again to shut the alarm off. Only when the alarm is set can you see your wake-up time displayed in the corner of the LCD screen. Should you need further peace of mind, you can always consult the top of the clock, where "big, obvious letters" spell out the word "on."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
- 5 innovative uses for baking soda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week