ooking to enjoy drinks with friends but tired of loud, dimly lit bars? The Pedal Pub takes social drinking "in an entirely new direction — any direction." Invented in the Netherlands, this human-powered party mobile transports up to 17 people, including the driver and someone manning the tap. The wooden barrel up front hides a keg, and an MP3-enabled audio system helps keep the party going. Even the driver gets a personal cup holder, so if you're behind the wheel, "good luck not getting pulled over."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- This energy source could solve all of our problems — so why is no one talking about it?
Subscribe to the Week