Looking to enjoy drinks with friends but tired of loud, dimly lit bars? The Pedal Pub takes social drinking "in an entirely new direction — any direction." Invented in the Netherlands, this human-powered party mobile transports up to 17 people, including the driver and someone manning the tap. The wooden barrel up front hides a keg, and an MP3-enabled audio system helps keep the party going. Even the driver gets a personal cup holder, so if you're behind the wheel, "good luck not getting pulled over."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week