ooking to enjoy drinks with friends but tired of loud, dimly lit bars? The Pedal Pub takes social drinking "in an entirely new direction — any direction." Invented in the Netherlands, this human-powered party mobile transports up to 17 people, including the driver and someone manning the tap. The wooden barrel up front hides a keg, and an MP3-enabled audio system helps keep the party going. Even the driver gets a personal cup holder, so if you're behind the wheel, "good luck not getting pulled over."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
Subscribe to the Week