A U.S. Marine returned home from Iraq, only to be told that he can't fly an American flag on his property. Hypoluxo, Fla., officials told Gregory Schaffer that the flag must come down until he gets a permit costing about $1,000 for his flag pole. "I fought for the flag, and now I'm paying for the flag," Schaffer said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- Dean Koontz's 5 favorite books
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
Subscribe to the Week