U.S. Marine returned home from Iraq, only to be told that he can't fly an American flag on his property. Hypoluxo, Fla., officials told Gregory Schaffer that the flag must come down until he gets a permit costing about $1,000 for his flag pole. "I fought for the flag, and now I'm paying for the flag," Schaffer said.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 16, 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- Can these 4 couples really afford their dream houses?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week