he Catchpole & Rye Crystal Bateau doesn't really do anything that a regular bathtub can't — other than adding some super-expensive sparkle to your bathroom. The 22,000 crystals that cover each $230,000 tub are stuck to the bathtub's surface by hand in a process that takes more than 200 hours. Behold, says Ami Angelowicz at The Frisky: The "most ostentatious way possible to relax and unwind after a long day."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week