The Catchpole & Rye Crystal Bateau doesn't really do anything that a regular bathtub can't — other than adding some super-expensive sparkle to your bathroom. The 22,000 crystals that cover each $230,000 tub are stuck to the bathtub's surface by hand in a process that takes more than 200 hours. Behold, says Ami Angelowicz at The Frisky: The "most ostentatious way possible to relax and unwind after a long day."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
Subscribe to the Week