The Catchpole & Rye Crystal Bateau doesn't really do anything that a regular bathtub can't — other than adding some super-expensive sparkle to your bathroom. The 22,000 crystals that cover each $230,000 tub are stuck to the bathtub's surface by hand in a process that takes more than 200 hours. Behold, says Ami Angelowicz at The Frisky: The "most ostentatious way possible to relax and unwind after a long day."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The girl who wouldn't die
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
Subscribe to the Week