The Catchpole & Rye Crystal Bateau doesn't really do anything that a regular bathtub can't — other than adding some super-expensive sparkle to your bathroom. The 22,000 crystals that cover each $230,000 tub are stuck to the bathtub's surface by hand in a process that takes more than 200 hours. Behold, says Ami Angelowicz at The Frisky: The "most ostentatious way possible to relax and unwind after a long day."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 21, 2014
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How I lost all my money
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week