The Catchpole & Rye Crystal Bateau doesn't really do anything that a regular bathtub can't — other than adding some super-expensive sparkle to your bathroom. The 22,000 crystals that cover each $230,000 tub are stuck to the bathtub's surface by hand in a process that takes more than 200 hours. Behold, says Ami Angelowicz at The Frisky: The "most ostentatious way possible to relax and unwind after a long day."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
- House hunting: 7 beautiful homes in Georgia
Subscribe to the Week