An Ohio kindergartner was suspended for coming to school with a mohawk haircut. The school superintendent said 5-year-old Ethan Clos' hair — which the boy thinks is "cool" — violated prohibitions on "dress or grooming which is disruptive to the educational process." He is requiring Clos to shave off the mohawk before returning to school.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- 10 ways to gain real superpowers that will change your life
Subscribe to the Week