An Ohio middle school is requiring all students to be drug tested before participating in extracurricular activities — including non-athletic activities like the yearbook club. School officials say the testing discourages drug use, but some parents are outraged. "It's easy to pee in a cup, but giving up your constitutional rights just because you can doesn't mean you should," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- Pay yourself first: The habit that can help you build wealth
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- How to save Meet the Press
Subscribe to the Week