An Ohio middle school is requiring all students to be drug tested before participating in extracurricular activities — including non-athletic activities like the yearbook club. School officials say the testing discourages drug use, but some parents are outraged. "It's easy to pee in a cup, but giving up your constitutional rights just because you can doesn't mean you should," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
Subscribe to the Week