An Ohio middle school is requiring all students to be drug tested before participating in extracurricular activities — including non-athletic activities like the yearbook club. School officials say the testing discourages drug use, but some parents are outraged. "It's easy to pee in a cup, but giving up your constitutional rights just because you can doesn't mean you should," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week