n Ohio middle school is requiring all students to be drug tested before participating in extracurricular activities — including non-athletic activities like the yearbook club. School officials say the testing discourages drug use, but some parents are outraged. "It's easy to pee in a cup, but giving up your constitutional rights just because you can doesn't mean you should," said one parent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- When will the Big One strike California?
- Entrepreneurs: A dying breed?
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week