Taxes are the worst. And tax day — today, April 15 — can be as dreaded as a cavity filling. To soften the blow, several retailers are swooping in with special offers to relieve tax-related stress. Arby's is handing out free curly fries. Office Depot will shred your documents on the house. But perhaps the most unique tax-day stunt comes from Trojan. The condom-maker will spend the day giving away free vibrators (worth up to $39.99) at "Pleasure Carts" in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Says Bruce Weiss, Trojan's VP of marketing: "It's a stimulus package they will never forget."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week