axes are the worst. And tax day — today, April 15 — can be as dreaded as a cavity filling. To soften the blow, several retailers are swooping in with special offers to relieve tax-related stress. Arby's is handing out free curly fries. Office Depot will shred your documents on the house. But perhaps the most unique tax-day stunt comes from Trojan. The condom-maker will spend the day giving away free vibrators (worth up to $39.99) at "Pleasure Carts" in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Says Bruce Weiss, Trojan's VP of marketing: "It's a stimulus package they will never forget."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week