Taxes are the worst. And tax day — today, April 15 — can be as dreaded as a cavity filling. To soften the blow, several retailers are swooping in with special offers to relieve tax-related stress. Arby's is handing out free curly fries. Office Depot will shred your documents on the house. But perhaps the most unique tax-day stunt comes from Trojan. The condom-maker will spend the day giving away free vibrators (worth up to $39.99) at "Pleasure Carts" in San Francisco and Los Angeles. Says Bruce Weiss, Trojan's VP of marketing: "It's a stimulus package they will never forget."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
Subscribe to the Week