With climbing ticket prices, invasive security procedures, lengthy delays, and frustrating baggage fees, it's pretty easy to hate airlines. But every so often, they really do make us smile. Consider 7-year-old Cole Holzer, who was heartbroken to discover that he'd mistakenly left his deceased dad's T-shirt on a Delta Airlines flight. Ever since his dad passed away two years ago, Cole had carried the worn item around as a keepsake. When the cleaning crew got wind of the misplaced memento, they dug around in the trash until they found it, reuniting the boy with his beloved shirt.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- 4 strategies for organizing your money, based on your personality
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
Subscribe to the Week