An Ohio tanning salon has deemed a customer "too fat to tan" and refused to offer her a refund. Upon arriving for her second session, Kelly McGrevey was told that the salon had just implemented a new policy forbidding customers weighing over 230 pounds from using the beds. McGrevey called the humiliating incident "discrimination" and has filed a report against the business.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The week's best photojournalism
- The week's best editorial cartoons
Subscribe to the Week