An Ohio tanning salon has deemed a customer "too fat to tan" and refused to offer her a refund. Upon arriving for her second session, Kelly McGrevey was told that the salon had just implemented a new policy forbidding customers weighing over 230 pounds from using the beds. McGrevey called the humiliating incident "discrimination" and has filed a report against the business.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 10 things you need to know today: October 23, 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
Subscribe to the Week