Residents of New York City's SoHo neighborhood are now paying a delivery service $100 for a single "cronut" — a trendy new combination of a croissant and donut. The line at the bakery that makes the coveted pastries begins forming at 5 a.m., with a limit of two per customer. So Premium Cronut Delivery sends employees to stand on line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
Subscribe to the Week