esidents of New York City's SoHo neighborhood are now paying a delivery service $100 for a single "cronut" — a trendy new combination of a croissant and donut. The line at the bakery that makes the coveted pastries begins forming at 5 a.m., with a limit of two per customer. So Premium Cronut Delivery sends employees to stand on line.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- The 6-year-old who woke up from a coma with a different personality
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How Captain America won over China
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Holy Thursday is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week