There was a time when President Obama's basketball prowess was a source of adulation for both the press and his fans. (Remember that time he hit a three?) But the baller-in-chief has gotten a little rusty — as evidenced by his abysmal 2-for-22 performance at the White House Easter Egg Roll this weekend.
Obama could not buy a bucket. According to the White House pool report, his shoot-around went like this: "Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Airball."
And for good measure, he bricked a lay-up, which we didn't even think was possible.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week