There was a time when President Obama's basketball prowess was a source of adulation for both the press and his fans. (Remember that time he hit a three?) But the baller-in-chief has gotten a little rusty — as evidenced by his abysmal 2-for-22 performance at the White House Easter Egg Roll this weekend.
Obama could not buy a bucket. According to the White House pool report, his shoot-around went like this: "Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Miss. Miss. Off the rim. Airball."
And for good measure, he bricked a lay-up, which we didn't even think was possible.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week