What would Ronald Reagan think about gay marriage?
The Gipper enters the debate from beyond the grave
In 1985, President Ronald Reagan gave a speech calling for the wealthy to pay their fair share in taxes, and sounded an awful lot like President Obama stumping for his own tax plan today.
Jacques M. Chenet/CORBIS
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
MOST POPULAR ON THE WEEK
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The real-life events that inspired Game of Thrones' Red Wedding
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- Welcome to the age of ambivalent feminism
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
Subscribe to the Week