1. The Simpsons parodies Breaking Bad
We've seen our fair share of Simpsons couch gags over the years. The latest pays tribute to one of the most memorable Breaking Bad scenes ever. Hey, at least it's not Gus with a box cutter... (Via CBS)
3. Cat entranced by own reflection
You know that old Hollywood trick where an actress waves her hand in what she thinks is her reflection, only it's not a reflection at all, it's her long-lost twin named Tia? This is exactly like that. Except with cats. And no twins. (Skip to the 0:44 mark; Via Gawker)
4. "Accidental Racist," unintentional comedy
We've already made fun of this, but it's worth reposting because it was far and away the most memorable thing on the internet this week. Rembert Browne at Grantland put it best: "This song will have its intended purpose, bringing people together, only if people of all races band together to make fun of Brad Paisley and LL Cool J."
5. How to eat like an animal
The video starts off innocently enough. "Want to see how animals eat their food?" asks one diner. Then, well... hit play. My favorite is "whale." What's yours? (Via Digg)
6. File this away: A really good comeback
This week we explored how the internet is making us all into mean jerks. You know who wasn't a mean jerk? Mister Rogers. Use this the next time someone gets sassy with you. (Via Imgur)
7. K-Mart made a pretty great commercial about pants
Bravo to the ad agency that put this together for K-Mart, which proves true the old advertising maxim: We all have the maturity of 8-year-olds. (Via Jess Hullinger)
8. This week, in a nutshell
9. Dog of the Week
High-fives to all of you for sending in lots of great photos this week. But alas, there can only be one winner. Meet our new champ: Bubba the pug. She's very patriotic. (Thanks, Margaret!)
Do you have a cat, dog, or other cuddly creature you absolutely adore? Email the best photo you've got to Gayomali@TheWeek.com for a chance to be featured.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
Subscribe to the Week