Warning: Potentially graphic content
Two consecutive explosions rocked competitors and bystanders near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, reportedly leaving dozens injured. The explosions apparently occurred in Boylston Street near the stands, shattering the windows of nearby buildings.
Update 1: ABC News reports that Boston police are warning people to avoid trashcans. Massachusetts General hospital has received four patients and is expecting more.
Update 2: Follow along with live tweets, updates, and pictures from the ground here.
Update 3: We are apparently experiencing trouble with a few of the livestreams. NBC News' appears to be steady. Watch it here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
Subscribe to the Week