Warning: Potentially graphic content
Two consecutive explosions rocked competitors and bystanders near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, reportedly leaving dozens injured. The explosions apparently occurred in Boylston Street near the stands, shattering the windows of nearby buildings.
Update 1: ABC News reports that Boston police are warning people to avoid trashcans. Massachusetts General hospital has received four patients and is expecting more.
Update 2: Follow along with live tweets, updates, and pictures from the ground here.
Update 3: We are apparently experiencing trouble with a few of the livestreams. NBC News' appears to be steady. Watch it here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week