Warning: Potentially graphic content
Two consecutive explosions rocked competitors and bystanders near the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, reportedly leaving dozens injured. The explosions apparently occurred in Boylston Street near the stands, shattering the windows of nearby buildings.
Update 1: ABC News reports that Boston police are warning people to avoid trashcans. Massachusetts General hospital has received four patients and is expecting more.
Update 2: Follow along with live tweets, updates, and pictures from the ground here.
Update 3: We are apparently experiencing trouble with a few of the livestreams. NBC News' appears to be steady. Watch it here.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
Subscribe to the Week