t's 10 p.m. on a Friday night. Your stomach emits a low rumble, but you're elbow-deep in Bioshock Infinite and you'd rather not leave the warm imprint you've carved out on the couch. Your Seamless-equipped iPhone is charging in another room. Too far. The fridge? Good luck whipping something up with Sriracha and baking soda. You wonder: If only there were a way to order pizza through my TV. Behold:
The official Pizza Hut app for Xbox Live. The international gatekeeper of weird pies is partnering with Microsoft's Xbox team to develop a first-of-its kind app that lets you customize a pizza onscreen using the 360's controller, Kinect motions, or voice commands. Your cheesy design gets delivered to your doorstep soon thereafter.
"We're always looking at ways to give our audience more of what they're interested in," he said. "If you look at our audience, they love pizza. I mean, who doesn't? It has international appeal, and Pizza Hut is a recognized brand that matches up well with the Xbox brand." [Polygon]
Imagine: A Jedi-like wave of your hand. Pepperoni. No wait. Another wave. Sausage. Or, perhaps you'd rather bark a throaty voice command: Breadsticks. The official Pizza Hut app will go live April 23, and Xbox users will get 15 percent off their first purchase through May 6.
The future is here, folks. And it's glorious.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- The Black Death is back
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
- Cul-de-sacs are killing America
- Millennial women have seriously narrowed the wage gap with men
- 5 surprising snubs from the Golden Globe nominations
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
Subscribe to the Week