Last week's contest: The members of the biggest band in the world, the Thai Elephant Orchestra, have been trained to hold mallets in their trunks and strike oversized xylophones, marimbas, and drums. What would be the ideal song for the band to play?
THE WINNER: "I Feel the Earth Move"
Ken Kellam III, Dallas
SECOND PLACE: "Do Your Ears Hang Low?"
Dick LaVine, New York City
THIRD PLACE: The national anthem at the 2016 Republican National Convention
Kent A. Harries, Pittsburgh
"Reinforced Bridge Over Troubled Water"
Ivan Kershner, Salem, S.C.
"Send in the Clowns"
Jeffrey Smithson, Rexford, N.Y.
"Fat-Bottomed Girls" by Queen
Jeffrey Markowski, Round Lake, N.Y.
"I Will Remember You" by Sarah McLachlan
Joanne Sullivan, Maspeth, N.Y.
"In My Trunk" by Dev
Ujjal Kohli, Saratoga, Calif.
"He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother"
Preston Gilroy, White Plains, N.Y.
"Bring in 'da Noise, Bring in 'da Trunk"
Charles & Mary Parry, Catonsville, Md.
"Tusk" by Fleetwood Mac
Jeffrey Contompasis, Ashburn, Va.
Pachyderm's Canon in D Major
Paul Binder, Bellevue, Wash.
"Hit the Road, Pach"
Angela James, Westminster, Md.
"Welcome to the Jungle"
Fiona Neary, Fredericksburg, Va.
Dick Adler, Franklin, N.C.
"Not-So-Little Drummer Boy"
Jeffry O'Connor, Palm Springs, Calif.
"The Weight" by The Band
James T. Smith, Jacksonville, Fla.
"Pink Elephants on Parade" from Dumbo
Richard Lee, San Francisco
Michael J. Kramer, Plano, Texas
"Ebony and Ivory" by Paul McCartney
Kc. Boren, Victoria, Texas
"Run Through the Jungle" by Creedence Clearwater Revival
Jim Donoghue, Des Moines
"A Whole Lot of Shaking Goin' On"
Dave Ray, Moline, Ill.
"The Leader of the Pachyderm"
Vincent D'Amico, The Villages, Fla.
"Baby Elephant Walk" from Hatari
Harold Warren, Poughkeepsie, N.Y.
"I've Got A Crush On You"
Tom Woodard, Nashville
The Tuskegee Fight Song
Bob Stokes, Portland, Ore.
"Stompin' at the Savoy"
Jeanne Pacheco, Tucson
"Bang the Drum All Day" by Todd Rundgren
Jordan Clarke, San Diego
Jack Miller, Venice, Fla.
John Cage's "4:33"
Patrick Allen, Delaware, Ohio
"Pachy Breaky Heart"
Paul Raff, Santa Monica, Calif.
"Memory" by Andrew Lloyd Webber
Randy LePage, Cambridge, Ohio
Richard Molloy, East Walpole, Mass.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
Subscribe to the Week