Arlington Plantation was built circa 1830 on a Spanish land grant on the banks of Bayou Teche. The five-bedroom home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. $795,000. Ernesto Caldeira, Dorian Bennett Sotheby’s International Realty, (601) 888-7151. Click through for a look at more charming homes on the bayou. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 5 legitimate scientific controversies
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 2, 2014
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Why I got married — without a wedding
- Why the Rubio-Lee tax plan is great politics — and great policy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week