Arlington Plantation was built circa 1830 on a Spanish land grant on the banks of Bayou Teche. The five-bedroom home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places. $795,000. Ernesto Caldeira, Dorian Bennett Sotheby’s International Realty, (601) 888-7151. Click through for a look at more charming homes on the bayou. For more information on any of the homes in this slideshow, please contact the realtors listed.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week