A soldier carries an elderly survivor as he runs down a stretch of the road to Lingguan township in Ya'an, Sichuan province. Rescuers struggled to reach a remote, rural corner of southwestern China as the toll of the dead and missing from the country's worst earthquake in three years climbed to more than 200, with almost 1,000 serious injuries. Click through for a look at more of the week's most captivating images.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- House hunting: 7 stunning castles in Europe
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week