Police ticketed a 10-year-old Texas boy for not wearing his seat belt properly. Marshall May admits his seat belt became tangled as an aunt drove him home from school, but says he was "really scared" when a cop stopped the car and issued him a citation. "He made me sign my signature," said May, "but I don't have a signature because I'm 10 years old."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week