Police ticketed a 10-year-old Texas boy for not wearing his seat belt properly. Marshall May admits his seat belt became tangled as an aunt drove him home from school, but says he was "really scared" when a cop stopped the car and issued him a citation. "He made me sign my signature," said May, "but I don't have a signature because I'm 10 years old."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week