Police ticketed a 10-year-old Texas boy for not wearing his seat belt properly. Marshall May admits his seat belt became tangled as an aunt drove him home from school, but says he was "really scared" when a cop stopped the car and issued him a citation. "He made me sign my signature," said May, "but I don't have a signature because I'm 10 years old."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- 8 tricks to surviving the holidays without gaining weight or being grouchy
- How to stop Black Thursday — and still score that big screen
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week