Police ticketed a 10-year-old Texas boy for not wearing his seat belt properly. Marshall May admits his seat belt became tangled as an aunt drove him home from school, but says he was "really scared" when a cop stopped the car and issued him a citation. "He made me sign my signature," said May, "but I don't have a signature because I'm 10 years old."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week