A Tea Party group in Florida is offering a week-long summer camp to teach kids that "America is good," government-issued currency is worthless, and "government cannot force me to be charitable." Students at Tampa Liberty School will also learn about the evils of socialism in a sparely furnished room representing Europe. "We want to impart to our children what our nation is about," said founder Jeff Lukens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
Subscribe to the Week