A Tea Party group in Florida is offering a week-long summer camp to teach kids that "America is good," government-issued currency is worthless, and "government cannot force me to be charitable." Students at Tampa Liberty School will also learn about the evils of socialism in a sparely furnished room representing Europe. "We want to impart to our children what our nation is about," said founder Jeff Lukens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The warm glow of certainty
- The week's best photojournalism
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
Subscribe to the Week