A Tea Party group in Florida is offering a week-long summer camp to teach kids that "America is good," government-issued currency is worthless, and "government cannot force me to be charitable." Students at Tampa Liberty School will also learn about the evils of socialism in a sparely furnished room representing Europe. "We want to impart to our children what our nation is about," said founder Jeff Lukens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- 'Having it all' has officially jumped the shark
- Did Republicans overshoot on the Ebola panic?
- Painting the universe's portrait
Subscribe to the Week