Tea Party group in Florida is offering a week-long summer camp to teach kids that "America is good," government-issued currency is worthless, and "government cannot force me to be charitable." Students at Tampa Liberty School will also learn about the evils of socialism in a sparely furnished room representing Europe. "We want to impart to our children what our nation is about," said founder Jeff Lukens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week