Tea Party group in Florida is offering a week-long summer camp to teach kids that "America is good," government-issued currency is worthless, and "government cannot force me to be charitable." Students at Tampa Liberty School will also learn about the evils of socialism in a sparely furnished room representing Europe. "We want to impart to our children what our nation is about," said founder Jeff Lukens.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week