Suitcases are for peons. To travel with class, you need a veritable piece of furniture, and T.T. Trunks' 'New Dandy' Trunk ($35,000) will pamper you, "from the cabin of a yacht to a tent in the Serengeti." Constructed out of wood, with brass hardware that can be plated in nickel or 24-karat gold, it comes with an iPad base and a whiskey decanter and glasses. Its drawers can also be equipped with a cigar humidifier, or with a poker set and fold-out tabletop. It's "an elegant impromptu soiree" on wheels. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- 10 things you need to know today: October 31, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week