Suitcases are for peons. To travel with class, you need a veritable piece of furniture, and T.T. Trunks' 'New Dandy' Trunk ($35,000) will pamper you, "from the cabin of a yacht to a tent in the Serengeti." Constructed out of wood, with brass hardware that can be plated in nickel or 24-karat gold, it comes with an iPad base and a whiskey decanter and glasses. Its drawers can also be equipped with a cigar humidifier, or with a poker set and fold-out tabletop. It's "an elegant impromptu soiree" on wheels. Source: The Wall Street Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
Subscribe to the Week