Even when you're playing host at a summer cookout, there's no reason to be "sweating over the coals." Turn your smartphone into a BBQ sous chef with the iGrill ($99), a thermometer that "relays the progress of your precious slabs of meat" while you do more important things — like down a beer with guests. Insert the device's probe into a steak and set the desired temperature. iGrill's free app will cause your phone to buzz when the meat's done to your liking. Currently only for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Source: Men's Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week