ven when you're playing host at a summer cookout, there's no reason to be "sweating over the coals." Turn your smartphone into a BBQ sous chef with the iGrill ($99), a thermometer that "relays the progress of your precious slabs of meat" while you do more important things — like down a beer with guests. Insert the device's probe into a steak and set the desired temperature. iGrill's free app will cause your phone to buzz when the meat's done to your liking. Currently only for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Source: Men's Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- 10 things you need to know today: April 20, 2014
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- The ugly economics of chicken
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
Subscribe to the Week