Even when you're playing host at a summer cookout, there's no reason to be "sweating over the coals." Turn your smartphone into a BBQ sous chef with the iGrill ($99), a thermometer that "relays the progress of your precious slabs of meat" while you do more important things — like down a beer with guests. Insert the device's probe into a steak and set the desired temperature. iGrill's free app will cause your phone to buzz when the meat's done to your liking. Currently only for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Source: Men's Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 13 vegetarian dishes for Thanksgiving
Subscribe to the Week