Even when you're playing host at a summer cookout, there's no reason to be "sweating over the coals." Turn your smartphone into a BBQ sous chef with the iGrill ($99), a thermometer that "relays the progress of your precious slabs of meat" while you do more important things — like down a beer with guests. Insert the device's probe into a steak and set the desired temperature. iGrill's free app will cause your phone to buzz when the meat's done to your liking. Currently only for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Source: Men's Journal
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 10 things you need to know today: July 26, 2014
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to cook a perfect rib eye steak
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- The week's best photojournalism
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
Subscribe to the Week