Few were caught unawares when Michele Bachmann announced that she's seeking the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, least of all T-shirt sellers, who've been hawking related wear for months. One trend in Bachmann merchandise: Wordplay. While this "She's the Mann" tee ($26.95) teases out the Minnesota congresswoman's ballsier side, a certain bumper sticker proclaims with rhyming style, "Bach over Barack: Michele Bachmann 2012."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- The impossibility of the night shift
Subscribe to the Week