Few were caught unawares when Michele Bachmann announced that she's seeking the 2012 GOP presidential nomination, least of all T-shirt sellers, who've been hawking related wear for months. One trend in Bachmann merchandise: Wordplay. While this "She's the Mann" tee ($26.95) teases out the Minnesota congresswoman's ballsier side, a certain bumper sticker proclaims with rhyming style, "Bach over Barack: Michele Bachmann 2012."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The week's best photojournalism
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week