With the national average price of gas hovering at about $4 per gallon (the highest since July 2008, when it was $4.11), Americans are enduring the sort of collective frustration that often finds expression through T-shirts. This "Gas Prices Suck" tee ($23) captures the fed-uppedness with a graphic wit that can only be called economical.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The next pandemic
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week