New Jersey appeals court this week ruled that a group of vegetarian Hindus, who were inadvertently served samosas containing meat at a Moghul Express, can sue the restaurant for the cost of flying to India to purify their souls in the Ganges River for 30 days. "If you follow the scriptures, it's definitely a huge cost," said Mehul Thakkar of the Yogi Divine Society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week