New Jersey appeals court this week ruled that a group of vegetarian Hindus, who were inadvertently served samosas containing meat at a Moghul Express, can sue the restaurant for the cost of flying to India to purify their souls in the Ganges River for 30 days. "If you follow the scriptures, it's definitely a huge cost," said Mehul Thakkar of the Yogi Divine Society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week