A New Jersey appeals court this week ruled that a group of vegetarian Hindus, who were inadvertently served samosas containing meat at a Moghul Express, can sue the restaurant for the cost of flying to India to purify their souls in the Ganges River for 30 days. "If you follow the scriptures, it's definitely a huge cost," said Mehul Thakkar of the Yogi Divine Society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
Subscribe to the Week