A New Jersey appeals court this week ruled that a group of vegetarian Hindus, who were inadvertently served samosas containing meat at a Moghul Express, can sue the restaurant for the cost of flying to India to purify their souls in the Ganges River for 30 days. "If you follow the scriptures, it's definitely a huge cost," said Mehul Thakkar of the Yogi Divine Society.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week