Sometimes Google Maps just won't do. To ponder future conquests, a true world leader should have a Churchill Globe ($40,300). Created by a London studio that has resurrected the art of fine globe making, this mammoth visual aid is modeled after globes that Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt received as Christmas gifts in 1942. Like the originals, the 40 hand-painted globes in the series will each measure 50 inches across. Have an ally across the Atlantic who'll be on the phone plotting with you? Order two. Source: Financial Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
Subscribe to the Week