Sometimes Google Maps just won't do. To ponder future conquests, a true world leader should have a Churchill Globe ($40,300). Created by a London studio that has resurrected the art of fine globe making, this mammoth visual aid is modeled after globes that Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt received as Christmas gifts in 1942. Like the originals, the 40 hand-painted globes in the series will each measure 50 inches across. Have an ally across the Atlantic who'll be on the phone plotting with you? Order two. Source: Financial Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- How science can help you survive scary movies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week