Sometimes Google Maps just won't do. To ponder future conquests, a true world leader should have a Churchill Globe ($40,300). Created by a London studio that has resurrected the art of fine globe making, this mammoth visual aid is modeled after globes that Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt received as Christmas gifts in 1942. Like the originals, the 40 hand-painted globes in the series will each measure 50 inches across. Have an ally across the Atlantic who'll be on the phone plotting with you? Order two. Source: Financial Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week