Sometimes Google Maps just won't do. To ponder future conquests, a true world leader should have a Churchill Globe ($40,300). Created by a London studio that has resurrected the art of fine globe making, this mammoth visual aid is modeled after globes that Winston Churchill and Franklin Roosevelt received as Christmas gifts in 1942. Like the originals, the 40 hand-painted globes in the series will each measure 50 inches across. Have an ally across the Atlantic who'll be on the phone plotting with you? Order two. Source: Financial Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The girl who wouldn't die
- California's epic drought
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
Subscribe to the Week