D.C.'s deadlock over the issue of raising the debt ceiling has had one positive effect: It's united Americans in their fury at what Jeff Mason at Reuters calls an "unprecedented level of dysfunction among Democratic and Republican politicians alike." Newly relevant: Post-partisan sentiments like that expressed on the back of this Pissed-Off T-Shirt ($20).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- How to make classic pulled pork
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How The Killing survived two cancellations and ended on its own terms
Subscribe to the Week