.C.'s deadlock over the issue of raising the debt ceiling has had one positive effect: It's united Americans in their fury at what Jeff Mason at Reuters calls an "unprecedented level of dysfunction among Democratic and Republican politicians alike." Newly relevant: Post-partisan sentiments like that expressed on the back of this Pissed-Off T-Shirt ($20).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
- Everything you need to know about the Venezuelan protests
Subscribe to the Week