D.C.'s deadlock over the issue of raising the debt ceiling has had one positive effect: It's united Americans in their fury at what Jeff Mason at Reuters calls an "unprecedented level of dysfunction among Democratic and Republican politicians alike." Newly relevant: Post-partisan sentiments like that expressed on the back of this Pissed-Off T-Shirt ($20).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- Girls on Film: Belle is one of the most groundbreaking, joyous movies of the summer
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
Subscribe to the Week