A 61-year-old beach lifeguard is suing New York state, claiming he was fired for refusing to wear a skintight Speedo swimsuit. Roy Lester worked at Jones Beach for 40 years before being told he must take his annual swim test in a Speedo. "I wore a Speedo when I was in my 20s," says Lester. "But come on. There should be a law prohibiting anyone over the age of 50 from wearing a Speedo."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why Peter Capaldi has a bigger challenge than any Doctor Who in history
- The secret to Gabrielle Hamilton's amazing grilled cheese sandwiches
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why Halbig and the conservative war on ObamaCare will fail
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
Subscribe to the Week