A 61-year-old beach lifeguard is suing New York state, claiming he was fired for refusing to wear a skintight Speedo swimsuit. Roy Lester worked at Jones Beach for 40 years before being told he must take his annual swim test in a Speedo. "I wore a Speedo when I was in my 20s," says Lester. "But come on. There should be a law prohibiting anyone over the age of 50 from wearing a Speedo."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
Subscribe to the Week