A 61-year-old beach lifeguard is suing New York state, claiming he was fired for refusing to wear a skintight Speedo swimsuit. Roy Lester worked at Jones Beach for 40 years before being told he must take his annual swim test in a Speedo. "I wore a Speedo when I was in my 20s," says Lester. "But come on. There should be a law prohibiting anyone over the age of 50 from wearing a Speedo."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- What the Romney boomlet says about the establishment GOP's feeble 2016 field
Subscribe to the Week