A 61-year-old beach lifeguard is suing New York state, claiming he was fired for refusing to wear a skintight Speedo swimsuit. Roy Lester worked at Jones Beach for 40 years before being told he must take his annual swim test in a Speedo. "I wore a Speedo when I was in my 20s," says Lester. "But come on. There should be a law prohibiting anyone over the age of 50 from wearing a Speedo."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: November 27, 2014
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to deep fry a turkey
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
Subscribe to the Week