Long Beach, Calif., police arrested a man for taking a photograph of "no aesthetic value." Sander Wolff, who takes photos for a local newspaper, was detained after snapping shots of an oil refinery. Police say photography is considered "suspicious activity" if officers determine that it isn’t "regular tourist behavior."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Why is Obama still smoking?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
Subscribe to the Week