ack in 2009, Texas Gov. Rick Perry floated the idea that Texas might secede from the United States because "we're a pretty independent lot...." Now a top candidate for the GOP 2012 nomination, Perry seems intent on leading our once-repellent-to-him nation — as this tongue-in-cheek T-shirt ($14.95) punnily notes: "If at first you cannot secede, Run for President!"
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The secrets of happy families
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 7 enduring lessons from It's a Wonderful Life
- 13 countries where gay marriage is legal [Updated]
Subscribe to the Week