Florida lawmaker who sponsored the state's "Pull Your Pants Up" law handed out 200 leather belts this week to students with sagging pants. State Sen. Gary Siplin, who is black, has been accused of unfairly targeting black students. But Siplin (left) said parents have thanked him for his crusade. "They say, 'How can they walk down the street showing their behinds?'" Siplin said. "It’s not civilized."
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The Black Death is back
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- How Arrow became the best superhero show on television
- The Idina Menzel-Taye Diggs split, and 5 other break-ups that hurt us more than it hurt them
- Watch Fox News' Megyn Kelly claim Santa, like Jesus, is a white guy
Subscribe to the Week