A 400-pound convicted robber has been released from prison because a police lineup did not contain any obese people. Eric Kenley was convicted after being identified by victims. But an appeals court said the lack of "grossly overweight" men in the lineup violated Kenley’s rights, while conceding the difficulty of finding five other 400-pound men.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- The keys to succeeding with a job recruiter
- The next pandemic
Subscribe to the Week