A 400-pound convicted robber has been released from prison because a police lineup did not contain any obese people. Eric Kenley was convicted after being identified by victims. But an appeals court said the lack of "grossly overweight" men in the lineup violated Kenley’s rights, while conceding the difficulty of finding five other 400-pound men.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- The crusade against Iraq War supporters has forgotten someone: Hillary Clinton
- 8 things the world's most extraordinary survivors can teach you about resilience
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- This week I learned the moon might be littered with dinosaur fossils, and more
- What would a U.S.-China war look like?
Subscribe to the Week