A 400-pound convicted robber has been released from prison because a police lineup did not contain any obese people. Eric Kenley was convicted after being identified by victims. But an appeals court said the lack of "grossly overweight" men in the lineup violated Kenley’s rights, while conceding the difficulty of finding five other 400-pound men.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- This week I learned your coin toss odds are better than you think, and more
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week