A 400-pound convicted robber has been released from prison because a police lineup did not contain any obese people. Eric Kenley was convicted after being identified by victims. But an appeals court said the lack of "grossly overweight" men in the lineup violated Kenley’s rights, while conceding the difficulty of finding five other 400-pound men.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
Subscribe to the Week