Groupon is known for offering tempting deals on laser hair-removal and sushi classes. But college tuition? The group buying site's latest coupon — a 57 percent discount off tuition for an entry-level graduate teaching course — comes from Chicago's National Louis University. The Groupon slashes the cost of the three-credit class from $2,232 to $950, the first time a university course has been offered through the daily deals juggernaut.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week