Groupon is known for offering tempting deals on laser hair-removal and sushi classes. But college tuition? The group buying site's latest coupon — a 57 percent discount off tuition for an entry-level graduate teaching course — comes from Chicago's National Louis University. The Groupon slashes the cost of the three-credit class from $2,232 to $950, the first time a university course has been offered through the daily deals juggernaut.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
Subscribe to the Week