Groupon is known for offering tempting deals on laser hair-removal and sushi classes. But college tuition? The group buying site's latest coupon — a 57 percent discount off tuition for an entry-level graduate teaching course — comes from Chicago's National Louis University. The Groupon slashes the cost of the three-credit class from $2,232 to $950, the first time a university course has been offered through the daily deals juggernaut.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- Will the Higgs Boson destroy the universe in a cosmic death bubble?
Subscribe to the Week