A TSA agent is demanding $500,000 from an airline passenger who described the agent's aggressive search of her crotch as "rape." On her blog, Amy Alkon wrote that TSA agent Thedala Magee repeatedly prodded and poked her vagina through her pants. "You raped me!" Alkon said she told Magee. After Alkon described the search online, the agent's lawyer demanded that Alkon remove the item and pay her $500,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
Subscribe to the Week