Wisconsin firefighter who is paid $50,000 a year on permanent disability has competed in seven marathons and one Ironman triathlon. Aaron Marjala, 28, says he has nerve damage in an elbow that prevents him from firefighting. "I have minor limitations," he said, "but it doesn’t stop me from getting out and enjoying stuff."
- Watch The Daily Show definitively prove that corporations are not people
- 10 things you need to know today: December 5, 2013
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- Why income inequality has become the Democratic Party's top issue
- Are differences in IQ to blame for income inequality?
Subscribe to the Week