The look is "more Spider-Man" than weekend warrior, but Salomon's EXO Sensifit running gear could make anyone's exercise routine less of a chore. A rubberized mesh is built into the pants, creating a "skin-tight exoskeleton" that supports muscles and reduces the vibrations from each foot strike, thus staving off "thigh fatigue" and similar afflictions. EXO shorts (which start at $100) are made with a high waistline to provide abdominal support. But use them with discretion. "Nipple-high shorts look bizarre if you run shirtless." Source: Wired.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
Subscribe to the Week