$12.2 billion to $15.7 billion
Amount that Facebook apps have pumped into the U.S. economy this year through wages and benefits for those working on apps
182,000 to 235,644
Number of jobs the app economy has created
Approximate number of jobs that must be created each month just to keep up with U.S. population growth
Sources: Guardian, Los Angeles Times
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- How Harry Houdini escaped death
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- On ISIS, neocons and liberal hawks have a 'boy who cried wolf' problem
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
Subscribe to the Week