disabled Ohio man has been ordered to stop selling vegetables from his front yard. Wesley Wood says the few dollars he earned selling tomatoes, broccoli, and peppers helped supplement his Social Security checks. But officials told him it's illegal to sell produce from a private home, so Wood will now give his vegetables away. "I just don’t want to see the stuff go to waste," said Wood. "And I have a lot of it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
Subscribe to the Week