disabled Ohio man has been ordered to stop selling vegetables from his front yard. Wesley Wood says the few dollars he earned selling tomatoes, broccoli, and peppers helped supplement his Social Security checks. But officials told him it's illegal to sell produce from a private home, so Wood will now give his vegetables away. "I just don’t want to see the stuff go to waste," said Wood. "And I have a lot of it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week