A disabled Ohio man has been ordered to stop selling vegetables from his front yard. Wesley Wood says the few dollars he earned selling tomatoes, broccoli, and peppers helped supplement his Social Security checks. But officials told him it's illegal to sell produce from a private home, so Wood will now give his vegetables away. "I just don’t want to see the stuff go to waste," said Wood. "And I have a lot of it."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The militarization of America’s police
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- Are there too many good shows on television?
Subscribe to the Week