Ignacio Marc Asperas of Melville, N.Y., has successfully patented his very-detailed snowman-making technique (see diagram, left). Asperas' 25-page application, entitled "Apparatus for Facilitating the Construction of a Snow Man/Woman," offers, among other things, advice on how to create a snowman's spherical body while avoiding unevenness that could result in a "big caboose." Asperas, who insists this isn't a joke, apparently has no plans to sue children who infringe on his new patent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Ban PowerPoint!
Subscribe to the Week