gnacio Marc Asperas of Melville, N.Y., has successfully patented his very-detailed snowman-making technique (see diagram, left). Asperas' 25-page application, entitled "Apparatus for Facilitating the Construction of a Snow Man/Woman," offers, among other things, advice on how to create a snowman's spherical body while avoiding unevenness that could result in a "big caboose." Asperas, who insists this isn't a joke, apparently has no plans to sue children who infringe on his new patent.
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- The 2014 World Cup draw: Team U.S.A. is screwed
- 'Mexican Barbie' and 10 other controversial Barbies [Updated]
- Ryan Seacrest invested $1 million to transform your iPhone into a BlackBerry
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week