Ignacio Marc Asperas of Melville, N.Y., has successfully patented his very-detailed snowman-making technique (see diagram, left). Asperas' 25-page application, entitled "Apparatus for Facilitating the Construction of a Snow Man/Woman," offers, among other things, advice on how to create a snowman's spherical body while avoiding unevenness that could result in a "big caboose." Asperas, who insists this isn't a joke, apparently has no plans to sue children who infringe on his new patent.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Even critics of the euro didn't see this coming
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Paul Allen's 'bitter' Bill-Gates-bashing memoir
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- Why the West should accept ISIS as a sovereign nation
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- 8 ways you're probably overspending without even realizing it
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
Subscribe to the Week