Hallmark has introduced a line of sympathy cards for people who have just been fired. "Don’t think of it as losing your job," reads one. "Think of it as a time out between stupid bosses." Hallmark said the cards were designed to help the unemployed "focus on the hopeful side of things."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- The single best way to help your kid succeed at school
- What Keeping Up with the Kardashians can teach America about interracial marriage
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week