Apple's iPad has been gobbling up consumers in the competitive tablet market, but Amazon and Android are poised to start gorging, too. The e-retail giant just announced the imminent release of the Kindle Fire, an Android tablet that, at just $200, costs half the price of the cheapest iPad and is being called the iPad's first serious rival. Android fans can telegraph their desire to see Apple vanquished with this nutrition-minded "Hungry Android T-shirt," ($24).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week