Apple's iPad has been gobbling up consumers in the competitive tablet market, but Amazon and Android are poised to start gorging, too. The e-retail giant just announced the imminent release of the Kindle Fire, an Android tablet that, at just $200, costs half the price of the cheapest iPad and is being called the iPad's first serious rival. Android fans can telegraph their desire to see Apple vanquished with this nutrition-minded "Hungry Android T-shirt," ($24).
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The amazing resurrection of Mitt Romney
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week