pple's iPad has been gobbling up consumers in the competitive tablet market, but Amazon and Android are poised to start gorging, too. The e-retail giant just announced the imminent release of the Kindle Fire, an Android tablet that, at just $200, costs half the price of the cheapest iPad and is being called the iPad's first serious rival. Android fans can telegraph their desire to see Apple vanquished with this nutrition-minded "Hungry Android T-shirt," ($24).
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The secrets of happy families
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- Is the rent really too damn high?
- How did Love Actually become so controversial? A theory
- Americans are wealthier than ever*
- Antarctica recently experienced the coldest day in recorded history
- Godzilla: Watch the surprisingly grim trailer for the blockbuster reboot
Subscribe to the Week