he Kwik Kar Lube & Service in Plano, Texas, is offering customers a righteous deal: Drivers who willingly recite a New Testament verse get a 50 percent discount on an oil change. The verse, John 3:16, is a concise declaration of owner Charlie Whittington's Christian faith: "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." Hmph, gripes atheist blogger Hemant Mehta. "You never see an atheist business owner saying she'll give you a discount if you say 'God is a myth.'"
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The logic behind the world's 4 weirdest strategic reserves
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- Is it possible to live forever?
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: A tribute in photos and prose
- 6 photos that Facebook controversially banned
- How to make the perfect hot chocolate
The history of Santa Claus: 7 interesting facts
- Remembering Nelson Mandela: The world's front pages
Subscribe to the Week