A New York woman who recently had a double mastectomy was forced to submit to an aggressive TSA search of her chest. Lori Dorn, balding from chemotherapy, offered to show screeners a medical card describing her prostheses, but was told she had to have a physical examination. "I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers," said Dorn. TSA officials have apologized.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The most sensible GOP alternative to ObamaCare comes from a Senate candidate who is almost sure to lose
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- When Khomeini said no to Iranian nukes
Subscribe to the Week