A New York woman who recently had a double mastectomy was forced to submit to an aggressive TSA search of her chest. Lori Dorn, balding from chemotherapy, offered to show screeners a medical card describing her prostheses, but was told she had to have a physical examination. "I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers," said Dorn. TSA officials have apologized.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- How a drafting error could doom Obama's carbon regulations
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- How to save Meet the Press
Subscribe to the Week