A New York woman who recently had a double mastectomy was forced to submit to an aggressive TSA search of her chest. Lori Dorn, balding from chemotherapy, offered to show screeners a medical card describing her prostheses, but was told she had to have a physical examination. "I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers," said Dorn. TSA officials have apologized.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- This week I learned the surprisingly dark origins of the Nobel Prize, and more
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
Subscribe to the Week