A New York woman who recently had a double mastectomy was forced to submit to an aggressive TSA search of her chest. Lori Dorn, balding from chemotherapy, offered to show screeners a medical card describing her prostheses, but was told she had to have a physical examination. "I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers," said Dorn. TSA officials have apologized.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Cuba should beware of Westerners bearing gifts
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week