A New York woman who recently had a double mastectomy was forced to submit to an aggressive TSA search of her chest. Lori Dorn, balding from chemotherapy, offered to show screeners a medical card describing her prostheses, but was told she had to have a physical examination. "I had no choice but to allow an agent to touch my breasts in front of other passengers," said Dorn. TSA officials have apologized.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why baseball is America's most dangerous spectator sport
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week