"Can you afford to get the best, most beautiful space heater ever made?" The handsome $400 Dyson Hot presents that quandary, generating and distributing warm air evenly throughout a room while eliminating two hazards of typical electric heaters. The Hot has no visible fan to harm fingers. Also, its surface "never gets too hot." The company says 22 engineers were needed to perfect the heater, whose thermostat can be set to keep a room at any temperature from 32 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater shuts off automatically if knocked over. Source: PCMag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Can business succeed where the embargo failed in Cuba?
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week