"Can you afford to get the best, most beautiful space heater ever made?" The handsome $400 Dyson Hot presents that quandary, generating and distributing warm air evenly throughout a room while eliminating two hazards of typical electric heaters. The Hot has no visible fan to harm fingers. Also, its surface "never gets too hot." The company says 22 engineers were needed to perfect the heater, whose thermostat can be set to keep a room at any temperature from 32 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater shuts off automatically if knocked over. Source: PCMag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week