"Can you afford to get the best, most beautiful space heater ever made?" The handsome $400 Dyson Hot presents that quandary, generating and distributing warm air evenly throughout a room while eliminating two hazards of typical electric heaters. The Hot has no visible fan to harm fingers. Also, its surface "never gets too hot." The company says 22 engineers were needed to perfect the heater, whose thermostat can be set to keep a room at any temperature from 32 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater shuts off automatically if knocked over. Source: PCMag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week