"Can you afford to get the best, most beautiful space heater ever made?" The handsome $400 Dyson Hot presents that quandary, generating and distributing warm air evenly throughout a room while eliminating two hazards of typical electric heaters. The Hot has no visible fan to harm fingers. Also, its surface "never gets too hot." The company says 22 engineers were needed to perfect the heater, whose thermostat can be set to keep a room at any temperature from 32 to 99 degrees Fahrenheit. The heater shuts off automatically if knocked over. Source: PCMag
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week