Estimated number of drunken driving episodes during the Great Recession year of 2010
Estimated number of instances in 2006
Percent decrease. Possible factors include "less discretionary driving as a result of the current economic downturn" and an increased tendency for people to drink at home.
Source: The CDC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- How to flirt, according to science
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- Here's how to really detect lies
Subscribe to the Week