Estimated number of drunken driving episodes during the Great Recession year of 2010
Estimated number of instances in 2006
Percent decrease. Possible factors include "less discretionary driving as a result of the current economic downturn" and an increased tendency for people to drink at home.
Source: The CDC
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week