ibson's new Firebird X ($5,570) is arguably "quite revolutionary." Essentially a traditional electric guitar with a built-in computer, it "can model over 2,000 different sounds and styles out of the box." It comes with Gibson’s trademarked RoboHead Tuners, which automatically tune the strings to any of multiple tunings. Purists don’t like the X, but it opens up infinite possibilities. Its Freescale processor "can run apps approved and sold through the Gibson website," and won’t go obsolete because it’s completely upgradable. Source: TechCrunch.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- How Captain America won over China
Subscribe to the Week