Gibson's new Firebird X ($5,570) is arguably "quite revolutionary." Essentially a traditional electric guitar with a built-in computer, it "can model over 2,000 different sounds and styles out of the box." It comes with Gibson’s trademarked RoboHead Tuners, which automatically tune the strings to any of multiple tunings. Purists don’t like the X, but it opens up infinite possibilities. Its Freescale processor "can run apps approved and sold through the Gibson website," and won’t go obsolete because it’s completely upgradable. Source: TechCrunch.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- What if The Purge was real?
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week