ibson's new Firebird X ($5,570) is arguably "quite revolutionary." Essentially a traditional electric guitar with a built-in computer, it "can model over 2,000 different sounds and styles out of the box." It comes with Gibson’s trademarked RoboHead Tuners, which automatically tune the strings to any of multiple tunings. Purists don’t like the X, but it opens up infinite possibilities. Its Freescale processor "can run apps approved and sold through the Gibson website," and won’t go obsolete because it’s completely upgradable. Source: TechCrunch.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Why are so many elderly Asians killing themselves?
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- 4 easy ways to resolve life's toughest questions
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is American internet so slow?
Subscribe to the Week