Public safety worker Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, is suing Continental Airlines, claiming that a turbulent flight left her too scared to ever fly again. The plane "fell repeatedly," the lawsuit alleges, "and felt as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky." O'Neal had hoped to get a job with FEMA, but claims that her new fear of air travel now makes that impossible. It's a bit cheeky to demand "lost wages for a job she never had," observes Brian Moylan at Gawker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- A gay Mormon's complicated journey
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- This Indian meal service is so efficient it's the envy of FedEx
Subscribe to the Week