Public safety worker Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, is suing Continental Airlines, claiming that a turbulent flight left her too scared to ever fly again. The plane "fell repeatedly," the lawsuit alleges, "and felt as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky." O'Neal had hoped to get a job with FEMA, but claims that her new fear of air travel now makes that impossible. It's a bit cheeky to demand "lost wages for a job she never had," observes Brian Moylan at Gawker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 10 things you need to know today: November 26, 2014
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
Subscribe to the Week