Public safety worker Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, is suing Continental Airlines, claiming that a turbulent flight left her too scared to ever fly again. The plane "fell repeatedly," the lawsuit alleges, "and felt as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky." O'Neal had hoped to get a job with FEMA, but claims that her new fear of air travel now makes that impossible. It's a bit cheeky to demand "lost wages for a job she never had," observes Brian Moylan at Gawker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make corn dogs
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week