ublic safety worker Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, is suing Continental Airlines, claiming that a turbulent flight left her too scared to ever fly again. The plane "fell repeatedly," the lawsuit alleges, "and felt as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky." O'Neal had hoped to get a job with FEMA, but claims that her new fear of air travel now makes that impossible. It's a bit cheeky to demand "lost wages for a job she never had," observes Brian Moylan at Gawker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week