Public safety worker Colleen O'Neal of Lubbock, Texas, is suing Continental Airlines, claiming that a turbulent flight left her too scared to ever fly again. The plane "fell repeatedly," the lawsuit alleges, "and felt as if it had lost power and was falling out of the sky." O'Neal had hoped to get a job with FEMA, but claims that her new fear of air travel now makes that impossible. It's a bit cheeky to demand "lost wages for a job she never had," observes Brian Moylan at Gawker.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week