Percent of women seeking to terminate a pregnancy who already have at least one child, according to the National Abortion Federation, a professional group of abortion providers
At least 10
Percentage increase in that figure since the economy crashed. Experts believe some mothers are electing to have abortions because they can't afford to raise another child.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- George W. Bush 'ran the country like a cable network,' and other political insights from Chris Rock
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How Wall Street is chipping away at reform
Subscribe to the Week