n anonymous 40-year-old actress is suing popular movie database IMDb and its owner, Amazon, for fraud and defamation — after IMDb published her true age and real name. "Jane Doe" says the site used her credit card data to dig up her age, then published it without her permission, crippling her career. She wants $75,000 in compensation and $1 million in punitive damages. "In the entertainment industry, youth is king," says her complaint. "If one is perceived to be 'over-the-hill,' i.e., approaching 40, it is nearly impossible... to get work."
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What makes a word the word of the year?
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- The executioners' lament
- The problem with paying it forward
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
Subscribe to the Week