The champion goat at the Colorado State Fair has lost his title after failing a drug test. The goat, named Theodore, was declared Grand Champion for his size — 83 pounds — and general condition. Subsequent urine tests, however, revealed the presence of ractopamine, a banned additive used in hogs. "It's just shocked the heck out of me," said owner Susan Weinroth, who suggested that "sabotage" was to blame.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
Subscribe to the Week