The champion goat at the Colorado State Fair has lost his title after failing a drug test. The goat, named Theodore, was declared Grand Champion for his size — 83 pounds — and general condition. Subsequent urine tests, however, revealed the presence of ractopamine, a banned additive used in hogs. "It's just shocked the heck out of me," said owner Susan Weinroth, who suggested that "sabotage" was to blame.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week