he champion goat at the Colorado State Fair has lost his title after failing a drug test. The goat, named Theodore, was declared Grand Champion for his size — 83 pounds — and general condition. Subsequent urine tests, however, revealed the presence of ractopamine, a banned additive used in hogs. "It's just shocked the heck out of me," said owner Susan Weinroth, who suggested that "sabotage" was to blame.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
Subscribe to the Week