he champion goat at the Colorado State Fair has lost his title after failing a drug test. The goat, named Theodore, was declared Grand Champion for his size — 83 pounds — and general condition. Subsequent urine tests, however, revealed the presence of ractopamine, a banned additive used in hogs. "It's just shocked the heck out of me," said owner Susan Weinroth, who suggested that "sabotage" was to blame.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
Subscribe to the Week